Thursday, June 30, 2016

finding respite in times such as these

June 30, 2016.
The first month of summer has already run its course. These past months have been filled with so many mixed emotions, sometimes it's hard for me to keep up. That seems to be a theme with my posts these days. 
Every other week we wake to tragedies on the planet. Floods, viruses, terrorists attacks, the list of the goes on and on. Some of my dearest friends have been battling their own challenges, serious challenges that life keeps throwing at us. Challenges that deal with health, cancer, rare and random diseases, death, loss, and heartache. You name it, this year has seen it all for my sphere of nears and dears. Often days we just want to catch a break. I mean like a serious break.
But at this same time I have found peace inside my studio and my painting practices to be growing stronger and brighter. My work about "what this existence as humans is all about.." keeps evolving at lightning pace, and I am fascinated with the images that are unfolding. 
I would like to share them here with you, looking for some feedback about how you personally respond to the abstracted imagery and selected titles and words. These paintings I feel are giving me some respite from the sadness, fear and anxiety that times such as these are doling out. I hope they give you a feeling of faith, hope, love and positive energy. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts and look at my works. Here's to a July that is kinder and gentler for the soul.
"id like to be unstoppable" mixed media on canvas 64"x60"
"our ascending hearts," mixed media on canvas 60"x60"
"migration" mixed media on canvas 60"x60"
my latest one, "maintain your faith," mixed media on canvas 60"x60"
All rights reserved by Laurie Maves ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment